I can't believe this is already the last week of my Berlin residency 2020... 

Three months have flown by...
so much inspiration...


And with a studio next door to the living area being able to work at any time that is good for my work is fantastic. I have enjoyed working a lot of nightshifts!


It is so great to fully invest all time in full concentration 
in all aspects of my work.



I want to thank Livingstone Gallery so much for this oppertunity and investment in my work, my development and the new collection. 



This last week was filled with inspiration, wandering through Prenzlauerberg and Kreuzberg, visiting the Hoffmann Collection, Kunstlerhaus Bethanien and Alte Nationalgalerie, 
enjoying this inspiring and intense city, 
and...

literally painting until the hour before I started driving back home!







Some details of my newest paintings :














I am so happy with what I have achieved in these three months. 

With this second residency at this location I could even better "manage" myself to create the best circumstances to work and research with full concentration and intensity. 

Ï feel very happy and fullfilled with the new series of works, that I painted.

I am looking forward to present to you this new collection in a new solo exhibition at Livingstone Gallery The Hague, 
opening on Sunday the 15th of November 2020!









Slowly started cleaning up a bit, 
while still painting and working on finishing some of the paintings.






















































It was so special to experience these paintings i a "private viewing". 
So great to spend time here...
almost alone…


I have a "Berlin tradition" of my own : 
every time I visit Berlin I look forward to visiting Caspar David Friedrich 
and I have been doing so since almost 20 years. 

And still… 
everytime I notice something different, because of something I myself am focussing on or because of my own (changed) experience and a change of focus. 

What a great artist he is; I am still discovering and learning a lot by studying his works. 













Kathe Kollwitz, so beautiful…






















And with the following photo ends this 2020 input of this blog for now.


Thank you so much for following me, my work and my working process during these special 
three months of my "Berlin lock down" residency.


I hope to welcome you to view this new collection "live" at Livingstone Gallery, The Hague, 
opening Sunday the 15th of November 2020 
and Art the Hague 2021.







Thank you & auf Wiedersehen! 


Liebe Grusse aus Berlin, 
Ingrid



Populaire posts van deze blog