Liebermann's Villa in Wannsee, 
one of my all time favorite inspirational places in the surrounding areas of Berlin. 
After the war his villa and gardens were re-build after the orginal plans.

It reminds of the gardens of Monet.

Always a perfect place to reconnect and regain energy after some intense painting sessions
in the studio last week.

As I am here three months, I want to visit these gardens every month to see the change
and progress in these gardens, now that I have the chance .





The work in the studio is going well.
Already the concept of two thematic series have arisen and I have started painting them.

(P.s. this first series on small scale, a "historic" series, will be (partly)
on show during the exhibition "Lockdown Berlin, Past, Present, Future"
at Livingstone Gallery, The Hague. 

I will return from Berlin shortly to elaberate about these new serie on show
(freshly painted) during the meet & greet on
Sunday the 9th of August.
Please contact the gallery to make an appointment with a time slot if you would like to join us)








The location "Am Groszen Wannsee",
which was an inspiration for my large scale canvas I painted in 2018 (200 x 130 cm.)
and that is the cover photo of the publication "Dammerung". 


This year this painting and this title will get a follow up in oil painting,
after the studies I made at this location today.






Populaire posts van deze blog