My first exhibition stop, when I arrived in Berlin, and a very important one :
"Places / Orte"
Claude Monet

Barberini Museum in Potsdam.

It was quite difficult to get a ticket in these strange times, but I managed!

A beautiful Monet exhibition, especially because I thought to have seen a lot of the
beautiful Monet's in the The Hague exhibition in January, but all different paintings.




The fascination we share of bodies of water. it is unbelievable how he paint these series,
especially the series where it gets more and more foggy, or more and more abstract.

It was perfect timing, to get much painterly inspiration before starting this 3 month residency.



Some close ups, which I find fascinating :





























These "redondo" Nympheas are very special to me and especially to meeting them again
in this exhibition!

I have, up till now visited the gardens of Monet in Giverny twice,
before I painted my own waterlilies, and that is why I planned a third visit this spring during my travel to the residency in Portugal (but..., then covid happined..)


This painting is from the collection of the museum of Vernon.
A small museum near the gardens of Monet.
They have one room with such high quality works...it's incredible.
And a must see.
Very happy to see her again here in Potsdam!




I am already longing to paint some of my own Nympheas soon




Populaire posts van deze blog